Sunday, December 31, 2017

More Grains Of Golden Sand...

Two years to the day have past since my last post - New Year's Eve 2015. It seems like a short while ago but in reality 731 days have slipped through my fingers, and it's time again to take stock of my life. How many of my good intentions have I succeeded in completing? How many projects and plans have come to fruition in those 731 days? Not as many as planned and I yet again lament my failure to go forward in the way I have hoped too.

There have been high and low points, more travel, a number of redundancy rounds which I have dodged and a near death experience due to illness, but no advancement of long term plans. I partially blame the money spent on travel and the time being ill with its subsequent recuperation for some of it, but those alone cannot be the only reasons. My lethargy and my innate cautiousness are also to blame. I have overcome that cautiousness before, when only responsible for myself, however with others depending on me in an increasingly unpredictable world the hands of caution grip my shoulders tightly and I have to fight its powerful force in order to move forward.

I must continue to remember how I felt when sick in hospital, how I told myself that this is a lesson in mortality and that I should grasp the nettle as none of us know what the year ahead may hold. I have to make my own opportunities, and my caution must be thrown to the wind once more.

No comments: